I can't get out of Advanced Mode / I can't get back to Easy Mode
- The "brute force and ignorance" way is to do a F9 Restore - however this will lose all your changes and settings.
- A subtler way is to run the personalization applet - open a console and use the command /opt/xandros/bin/password_dialog This ought to give you the option to choose between Easy Mode and Advanced Mode as your Login Mode.
- Or you can replace the startsimple.sh and startfull.sh scripts with unmodified copies. This should as far as I understand make the Eee boot into Easy Mode with the option of using the shut down dialog to go to advanced mode. You can find unmodified copies of the two scripts right here.
- Open a terminal (Ctrl+Alt+t), type sudo kwrite /etc/alternatives/x-session-manager and hit enter.
- Add (software) & to the end of the file. In other words, if you want FireFox to start when your Eee boots, add firefox & to the end of the file.
- Save the file, exit KWrite, and exit the console by typing exit and hit enter.
- Reboot and enjoy.