Install FBreader on a 2G, or any other Eee that don't have it as standard
This is based on http://wiki.eeeuser.com/howto:install_thunderbird_on_2g
- Change the repositories to point at 701 rather than 700 - this could be done either through Synaptic (sudo synaptic), Settings, Repositories, or else by running: sudo kwrite /etc/apt/sources.list Make the modifcation, then saving (Ctrl+o, Enter), then exiting (Ctrl+x)
- Press “Reload” in Synaptic, or, type into a terminal (Alt+Ctrl+t): sudo apt-get update If you get an error message, try the next steps anyway. The error message may not be critical.
- Staying in terminal, download and install FBreader: sudo apt-get install FBReader
- Type exit and press enter to exit terminal.
- To run FBReader, either type FBReader in a terminal, or use Launcher Tools to create an icon.
- Once you have verified that it runs, change your repositories back - same procedure as stated in the first step.
- Ty hitting Shift+Space - you may have to hit it twice.
- The culprit is SCIM - Smart Common Input Metod - which is there to allow you to enter chinese text... you may want to remove it (see last weeks post for how).