I have sound issues
- Run alsamixer from a console to check your settings
- Disable UnionFS / aufs per the EeeUser wiki
- Remove unwanted software with either:
- Synaptic (open terminal, run 'sudo synaptic', see helpfile)
- Apt-get (open terminal, run 'apt-get -h' to see help, basic command is 'sudo apt-get remove (packagename)', may or may not play nice with dependancies)
- Aptitude (open terminal, run 'sudo aptitude remove (packagename)', should behave with dependancies)
- Optional, but if you want to gain space: Resize partitions to reclaim space.
- Optional, but needed to be able to F9 restore: Restore UnionFS / aufs.