I can't find the restore DVD
- Buy it from AsusParts.eu
- There is a downloadable 701 ISO here and a 901 ISO here, but some reports seems to indicate that does not contain everything - specificity the windows software to make a bootable USB stick. The WinXP booting tools, including the ones we are talking about, and if not in your particular iso are to be found here. Choose: eeepc, eeepc series, eeepc 4G/XP, search and go to utilities, asus usb flash utility. You can also make the restore USB on Linux.
- You may also want to look into the XEPC Upgrade Disk, an updated and cleaned up distrubution.
- Try Ctrl + (right arrow) up to three times to make sure you havn't booted into one of the other workspaces.
- Try opening a console and use the following command: /usr/bin/startsimple.sh
- If you backed up your simpleui.rc, try restoring it (both described in the wiki). There is also a copy of the original 701 simpleui.rc and the original 901 simpleui.rc on the EeeUser wiki.
- "Brute force and ignorace": F9 Restore.